Thursday 16 August 2012

Want soft, smooth lips? Beauty Tip #1: Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant - 30ml 

For smooth, soft lips, all you need is this bad boy and a cutip! I got this little method from Lisa Eldridge (my fav make-up artist, view her blog here) so credit goes to her!

-

You can use this cream on it's own as a lip balm, massage it deeply into your lips with your finger for soft, supple lips. 

- or -

Use it with a cutip. Squeeze a tiny bit of the cream onto the end of your cutip (a little goes a long way) and massage the cutip into your lips back and forward as if your scrubbing. You may not think it but this scrubbing with the cutip mixed with the cream buffs away dry and dead skin on your lips and leaves them feeling so smooth! Make sure you massage the cutip around your lips well and with a little elbow grease for maximum results as the cream works effectively when buffed in so those ingredients can get to work!



This eight hour cream by Elizabeth Arden is fabulous and a great multi tasker. I use this morning and night to condition and exfoliate my lips and it can be used on all sorts - dry and chapped skin, sores, irritations, you name it!

It uses Vitamin E and Salicylic acid to moisturise and break down dead skin cells and is over half of it's ingredients is Petrolatum (Basically Vaseline). If it were not for other other soothing and moisturising ingredients I probably wouldn't think much of this cream, but the Vitamin E and BHA make it really effective on many areas of skin.

I like products like this that you can use on anything as they are really good value for money and you get your money's worth.

I have the travel size 30ml version which I will be taking away with my in my hand luggage, but the standard size of this is 50ml and is available from Beauty Expert for £25.00.


-


If you're on a budget or don't have the Elizabeth Arden, try it with Vaseline and a cutip and see if you get that same exfoliation - I'd love to know!!

Hope you liked the post :-) Remember to follow & check out my giveaway here!

1 comment:

  1. I'm prone to really dry lips so will have to try this out! Thanks for sharing and i'm loving your posts so far!

    http://effytalkslife.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete